PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2022 11:17:24 +0200
From:
Martin Leucker <[log in to unmask]>
In the Division of Computer Science / Technology at the University of
Lübeck, for the next possible date, a

*W3-Professorship - without leading position - for Hybrid AI (m/f/d)*

is to be filled at the Institute for Software Engineering and
Programming Languages for an unlimited period. Reference is made to §§
61 and 63 of the Higher Education Act of the State of Schleswig-Holstein.

We are looking for an outstanding personality who is scientifically
competent in the combination of sub-symbolic and symbolic approaches in
AI. The position is open to an outstanding international scientist. The
professorship shall contribute to the strengthening of the whole field
of AI and the field of Formal Methods at the Section of Computer Science
/ Engineering.

Experience with and a sustained willingness to attract external funding
are expected. This is equally true with respect to a strong commitment
to teaching on Hybrid AI. For this purpose, the professor teaches
courses in the bachelor's and master's degree programs in computer
science and AI and develops them didactically and curricular.

In addition to the doctorate, additional scientific achievements are a
prerequisite for employment. These can be demonstrated in the context of
a junior professorship, through a habilitation or through equivalent
scientific achievements within or outside the university sector.

The University of Lübeck appreciates and promotes the diversity of
competencies of its employees and therefore welcomes all applications
irrespective of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin,
religion, ideology, disability, and sexual orientation and identity.
Women are given priority in cases of equal suitability, aptitude and
professional performance. Severely disabled applicants will be given
preference if they are suitably qualified. We expressly welcome
applications from people with an immigrant background.

We expressly refrain from submitting photographs/application photos and
therefore ask you not to do so. Please call up the necessary templates
and further information on the application process under:
https://www.uni-luebeck.de/en/structure/sections/mint-sections/appointment-procedure-openings.html

Please refer to the data protection information of the University of
Lübeck (available only in German):
https://www.uni-luebeck.de/universitaet/datenschutz/datenschutzinformation-bewerberinnen.html

In addition to the usual documents (curriculum vitae with scientific
background, list of publications and third-party funds, copies of
certificates), your application should include a short research and a
short teaching concept for the professorship in Lübeck, as well as a
half-page presentation of each of your three most important achievements.

Applications should be sent by email to the Appointments-MINT Office by
02.06.2022, University of Lübeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23562 Lübeck,

| Martin Leucker                                                       |
| Institute for Software Engineering and Programming Languages         |
| University of Luebeck                                                |
| Germany                                                              |

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=PODC