PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2019 20:58:51 +0000
Subject:
Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
*** Apologies for multiple messages ***

The 7th Workshop on Biological Distributed Algorithms (BDA 2019)

July 29, 2019 in Toronto, CA. Co-located with PODC 2019

http://www.snl.salk.edu/~navlakha/BDA2019/

We are excited to announce the 7th workshop on Biological Distributed

Algorithms (BDA). BDA is focused on the relationships between

distributed computing and distributed biological systems and in

particular, on analysis and case studies that combine the two. Such

research can lead to better understanding of the behavior of the

biological systems while at the same time developing novel algorithms

that can be used to solve basic distributed computing problems.

We have traditionally focused on distributed computing in insect

colonies and neural circuits, but we more than welcome other topic

areas.

This is a one-day workshop.

===============================

INVITED SPEAKERS [MORE COMING!]

===============================

Jared Saia, UNM

===============

IMPORTANT DATES

===============

May 6, 2019 – Extended abstract submission deadline

May 29, 2019 – Decision notifications

July 29, 2019 – Workshop

===========

SUBMISSIONS

===========

We solicit submissions of extended abstracts describing recent results

relevant to biological distributed computing. We especially welcome

extended abstracts describing new insights and / or case studies

regarding the relationship between distributed computing and

biological systems even if these are not fully formed. Since a major

goal of the workshop is to explore new directions and approaches, we

especially encourage the submission of ongoing work. Selected

contributors would be asked to present, discuss and defend their work

at the workshop. Submissions should be in PDF and include title,

author information, and an extended abstract of at most 4 pages.

Please use the following EasyChair submission link:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bda2019

Note: The workshop will not include published proceedings. In

particular, we welcome submissions of extended abstracts describing

work that has appeared or is expected to appear in other venues.

=================

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

=================

Ziv Bar-Joseph, CMU

Anna Dornhaus, University of Arizona

Ila Fiete, MIT

Amos Korman, CNRS and University of Paris Diderot

Nancy Lynch, MIT

Melanie Moses, University of New Mexico

Calvin Newport, Georgetown

Merav Parter, Weizmann

Ted Pavlic, Arizona State University

Andrea Richa, Arizona State University

==========================

ORGANIZERS (and PC CHAIRS)

Yuval Emek, Technion

Saket Navlakha, Salk Institute

--

Yuval Emek, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Industrial Engineering and Management

Technion - Israel Institute of Technology

https://yemek.net.technion.ac.il/