PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
vincent rahli <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
vincent rahli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2022 22:37:06 +0100
Dear all,

We would like to invite applications for an up to 3 years fully-funded
postdoctoral position within the School of Computer Science at the
University of Birmingham (see below for details on how to apply).

The successful candidate will contribute to an EPSRC-funded project aiming
at designing and formally verifying distributed systems, in particular
Byzantine fault-tolerant distributed systems as used for example in
blockchain technology.

The start date is flexible, ideally early 2023.

The environment:
----------------

The School of Computer Science has large and thriving Security and Theory
research groups. Among our research interests related to this project are
for example:
   - Blockchain Technology
   - Security & Privacy
   - Formal verification
   - Proof assistants
   - Model checking

Both groups are very active, organising regular seminars, informal
meetings, and actively participating in many events such as the Midlands
Graduate School or the Cyber Security PhD Winter School. For more
information see
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/computer-science/theory-of-computation/index.aspx
and
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/centre-for-cyber-security-and-privacy/index.aspx
.

How to apply:
-------------

Interested people are encouraged to contact me by email ([log in to unmask])
to discuss their research interests and details of the positions. Further
information on how to apply is available here:
https://edzz.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_6001/job/521/?utm_medium=jobshare

Best,
Vincent Rahli

--
https://vrahli.github.io/

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=PODC