PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Arnold N Pears <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:47:09 +0200
Dear Colleague,
        as General Chair of the 2004 International Conference
on Simulation in Education I would like to extend to you all
an invitation to submit a paper, workshop, or panel proposal
to the conference.

Please help to promote the conference by circulating
this CFP to any of your colleagues that you feel might
have an interest in contributing.

The ICSiE conference is sponsored by the Society for Computer
Simulation (SCS, http://www.scs.org) and aims to foster growth
and interdisciplinary collaboration between simulationists and
educators. The main focus of the conference is in the following
areas.

   * simulation tools for use in teaching and training
   * the use of simulation in teaching and training courses
   * teaching the art of simulation and subjects relevant to
     modelling and simulation
   * studying the impact of simulations and visualisations on
     student understanding
   * using simulations to gain insight into physical, mechanical,
     biological, industrial and social systems. To name but a few.

I hope that you will consider submitting a paper, or perhaps
organising a track (3-4 papers) in your own area of interest.

Key Dates:

     15 July 2003       Abstracts and proposals to the Programme Chair
     July 30, 2003      Feedback on appropriateness of the abstract
     August 30, 2003    Submission deadline (full papers)
     October 1, 2003    Author Notification (all participants)
     November 1, 2003   Camera-ready Copy (Papers, Work in Prog, Posters)

Please feel free to contact me for any further information you
might require. Additional information and a printable version
of the call for papers is available on the conference web site.

http://runestone.it.uu.se/~arnoldp/ICSiE/

Regards,
        Arnold Pears

--
Arnold Pears (Senior Lecturer)
IT Department, Uppsala University, Box 325, 751 05 Sweden

with "signoff PODC" in the body (not subject).