PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Peizhao Hu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peizhao Hu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:48:28 -0400
This is to bring to your attention the ongoing faculty search at the department of computer science at RIT (CS@RIT).

The Department of Computer Science at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applications for full-time tenure-track assistant professor positions starting in Fall 2021. We are looking to hire in all areas of computer science that strengthen our department.  Applications are due January 2.

Successful applicants are expected to contribute to the scholarship of the department and college through externally funded research and through teaching and mentoring of BS, MS, and PhD students.

We are seeking an individuals who have the ability and interest in contributing to RIT’s core values, honor code, and diversity commitment.

THE COLLEGE/ DEPARTMENT:

The Department: Computer Science (http://cs.rit.edu) is the largest department at RIT. Our student-centered programs are home to nearly 1,400 students pursuing BS, MS, BS/MS, and PhD degrees. Student employment rates upon graduation are over 98%, often with leading technology companies. Our innovative problem-based introductory programming sequence has been continuously updated, in part through research projects funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). The BS in Computer Science program at RIT is ranked 52nd in the U.S. News and World Reports 2020 ranking of Best Undergraduate Computer Science Programs.

We have enhanced our research presence while maintaining our commitment to excellence in student instruction. Our faculty publish in top-tier venues, and contribute to leading conferences and journals.  Funded research is carried out in the areas of artificial intelligence, computing education, data science, distributed systems, graphics and visualization, pervasive computing, programming languages, security, and theory.  Students at all levels participate in research projects, including through NSF-sponsored undergraduate research programs. Our PhD students have made meaningful contributions to their respective areas, and gone on to secure good positions in industry and academia. Faculty are encouraged to develop new courses and teach in their area of interest and have a low teaching load with capped class sizes.

The College: Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences at RIT is one of the most comprehensive computing colleges in the nation. The college is housed in modern facilities in Rochester, NY, that include leading programs in computer science, game design and cybersecurity. As home to the country’s first undergraduate programs in software engineering and information technology, as well as the recently opened Global Cybersecurity Institute, Golisano College has long been a leader in computing education and research. Faculty, staff and students have access to specialized studios, labs, and equipment that are among the most complete and current of any university in the world. Moreover, Golisano College graduates go on to work at the world’s leading tech firms and have developed groundbreaking technology like the Kinect for Xbox 360 and game-changing innovations like jQuery. The college is home to the departments of Computer Science, Computing Security, and Software Enginee
 ring, as well as the School of Information, the School of Interactive Games & Media, and a college-wide PhD program, providing abundant opportunities for research collaboration within and beyond the college.

How To Apply: Apply online at will http://careers.rit.edu/faculty  Keyword Search: 5337BR. Please submit the following: your online application; cover letter addressing the required qualifications for this position;  curriculum vitae, and upload the following attachments: a research statement, a teaching statement, and the names and contact information of three references. You can contact the search committee with questions on the position at: [log in to unmask] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found. Candidates are encouraged to apply by January 2, 2021.