PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Gregory Chockler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gregory Chockler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2020 17:46:31 +0000
Closing Date: Sunday 7 June 2020

Link: https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=020820

The Department of Computer Science at the University of Surrey is looking for a new permanent faculty member at the Lecturer (Assistant Professor) level. I would appreciate your assistance in bringing this to the attention of outstanding candidates who may be interested in moving to Surrey.

We seek to appoint a lecturer in one or more of the following areas: distributed computing/systems, blockchain, machine learning, cloud computing, programming-languages principles, and the intersection of security and AI, which are already areas of research within the Department.  We are also interested in candidates who have experience in data science, edge networks, social computing and DevOps security, in order to expand our research in new directions.

The Department is renowned for its security and artificial intelligence research, with a track record of publications at top-tier venues in artificial intelligence (TNNLS, TEVC, CBY, TSP, Machine Learning, Neural Computation, Bioinformatics, IJCAI, AAMAS), programming languages (FASE), distributed computing (PODC, DISC, DSN), security  (CCS, S&P, Esorics, Euro S&P, CSF, TDSC, TIFS ), cryptography (Crypto, Eurocrypt), cloud computing and networking (INFOCOM, Trans. on Networking), and web & social computing (WWW, ICWSM, and Web Science)

Notably,

-- we are active within professional organisations, working groups and technical committees of several standardisation bodies, such the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, ISO, IETF, LoRa Alliance, IEEE Standards WG, ETSI, W3C, and leading the IET WG on e-voting

-- we host major international conferences such as ESORICS, ACNS, WCCI and GECCO,

-- we are leading European collaborative research on TPMs

-- our research on Bio-inspired Swarm Robotics research has been reported by the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p022brpj and TechXplore

https://techxplore.com/news/2020-04-bio-inspired-algorithms-collaborative-behaviors-robot.html

-- we have worked with the UK Parliament on understanding digital citizen engagement

-- we have developed methodologies for Enabling Serverless Deployment of Large-Scale AI Workloads

The Department has an ambitious growth strategy and very strong student numbers. We are looking to attract a talented individual who will inspire, lead, and make a significant impact in their research and to the student experience. We encourage ambitious post-docs and early career lecturers to apply. The Department is part of a School with the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. The position also provides opportunities to create links with the research centres across the School and the wider University.

We encourage candidates to contact the Head of Department, Prof Helen Treharne ([log in to unmask]) for an informal discussion.

Thank you for your assistance in spreading the word,

-- Gregory

Prof Gregory Chockler

Department of Computer Science & Surrey Centre for Cyber Security

University of Surrey

Guildford

United Kingdom