PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Joerg Widmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joerg Widmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 13:35:22 +0100
Dear all,

IMDEA Networks has opened a call for Research Professors. Further details
are given below. Please feel free to distribute the call to any potential
candidates you may know.

Thanks and best regards,

Joerg Widmer, Research Professor & Research Strategy Manager

IMDEA Networks Institute

IMDEA Networks Institute ( <http://www.networks.imdea.org/>
http://www.networks.imdea.org/) is a networking research organization whose
multinational team is engaged in cutting edge fundamental science.

As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA
Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop
their ideas.

IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in
the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated
highly-reputed scientists (see our research team at
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/people>
http://www.networks.imdea.org/people).

Further information regarding our areas of research can be found at:
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/research/research-areas>
http://www.networks.imdea.org/research/research-areas.

If you are about to embark on a professional research career, IMDEA Networks
has a place for you. We are offering a unique opportunity to join us as a
PhD Student, and to receive full funding throughout your studies.

Graduates applying for this position should have the following attributes:

*         B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a
related field (concluded by the time you join)

*         Excellent academic transcripts

*         Clearly defined Statement of Purpose for Ph.D. research thesis

*         Excellent level of spoken and written English (please note:
Spanish is not required)

*         High level of motivation

We have PhD positions for specific projects, as well as positions without
pre-defined research topic in all areas of networking, specifically wireless
networking, network protocols and systems, and related areas.

*
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2016#PhD5gNetworks> PhD
in Opportunistic Communications for 5G Networks (Opportunistic Architectures
Lab) - Supervisor: Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso

*
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2016#PhDNetworking> PhD
Position in Networking, localization and passive sensing in High-Frequency
and Visible-Light Communications Networks - Supervisor: Dr. Paolo Casari

*
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2016#PhD5SoftwareNetwor
ks> PhD Position in Software Networks (SDN and NFV) - Supervisor: Dr. Arturo
Azcorra

*
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2016#PhDVisibleLight>
PhD Position in Visible Light Communication and Sensing Systems -
Supervisor: Dr. Domenico Giustiniano

For more information see
<http://www.networks.imdea.org/careers/phd-student>
http://www.networks.imdea.org/careers/phd-student

APPLY NOW THROUGH OUR ONLINE FORM AT  <https://careers.networks.imdea.org/>
https://careers.networks.imdea.org/

THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 29 FEBRUARY 2016 (12:00 CET).

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://listserv.acm.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=PODC&A=1