PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:11:21 -0500
From: Nancy Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Hello,

It looks like I should have funds to hire one (or maybe two) new
postdocs in my group at MIT starting in late summer or early fall,
2019.  The areas of interest now are algorithms for wireless networks,
robot swarms, and biological systems.

To fit this position, you should be seriously interested in systems
that are highly dynamic, flexible, robust, noise-tolerant,
adaptive...The actual math will involve dynamic graphs, mobile node
models, etc.  There will be plenty of probabilistic analysis.

It would also be great if you already have some background or interest
in actual wireless networks or robots or some kind of biological
systems.  Biological systems of interest include insect colonies,
brain networks, and developing organisms.

You can browse our group's publication page to see what some or our
recent work looks like:
https://groups.csail.mit.edu/tds/reflist.html

Please send email applications:  CV, publication list, statement of
your research preferences, and names of 3-4 research references.  You
can send directly to me, [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Nancy Lynch