PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Stefan Schmid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:32:03 +0100
Dear PODC community,

the new issue of the Bulletin of the EATCS comes with several
innovations. First of all, I would like to welcome our new editors: *Seth
Gilbert*, *Dennis Komm*, *Michal Koucky*, and *Luca Trevisan*! Seth will
take over the Distributed Computing Column from me. Dennis will join the
Educational Column by Juraj Hromkovic as a co-editor. Michal will take over
the Computational Complexity Column from Vikraman Arvind.

And Luca Trevisan... well, this brings us to our next innovation: in this
issue of the Bulletin, we experiment with some new columns. In particular,
in order to complement the technical columns, we have
four new columns:

- The first, is a “*Theory Blogs Column*” led by Luca Trevisan, which
revolves around current trends on the web, including blogs and social
media. The idea for such a column was brought up by Sebastian
Forster during my recent visit in Salzburg.

- With the “*Viewpoint Column*”, we introduce a column in which a member of
the community shares an opinion or perspective on subjects of interest
to the community. *Roger Wattenhofer* kindly
offered to contribute a first such column.

- Then, we have an “*Interview Column*”, in which we introduce a “person
behind the papers”. Our first interview is with *Kurt Mehlhorn*, and I
highly recommend you to take a look at this column as well.

- A “*Memorial Column*”, in which a community member shares some memories
from her or his career. The first column is contributed by
*Gregory Chaitin.*

The full column is available at:
https://eatcs.org/images/bulletin/beatcs135.pdf

I would like to thank all editors, authors, and other contributors, for
their help with this issue.

I hope you enjoy some of the new formats, and I welcome any feedback on the
issue.

Stefan

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=PODC