PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Paolo Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2013 18:57:50 +0100
[apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message]

C A L L     F O R      G R A N T     A P P L I C A T I O N S

5th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory
         TransForm/EuroTM  WTTM 2013

     October 14, 2013, Jerusalem, Israel
        in conjunction with DISC 2013

http://www.gsd.inesc-id.pt/~mcouceiro/wttm2013/html/index.html

The EuroTM COST Action (http://www.eurotm.org) and the Marie Curie ITN Transform (http://www.ics.forth.gr/carv/transform) jointly organize the 5th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory (WTTM), which this year will be held in conjuction with DISC in Jerusalem (Israel). Additional information can be found at the official website of WTTM:

http://www.gsd.inesc-id.pt/~mcouceiro/wttm2013/html/index.html

EuroTM and Transform can provide a limited number of travel grants, which will partially reimburse travel and accommodation costs, based on need. The number and amount of grants will be determined based on the available budget and the applications received.

Eligible to apply are researchers, Phd and graduate students. The selection process may give preference to students presenting their paper at WTTM 2013.

Application Materials:
Applications should be submitted using the form available at this url:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CiPx5YSLmToqQM1Xs3xTO1Yh7Uh8GwH2HHmqFkk3B5Y

Each application should include the following:
· Name
· Email
· Affiliation
· Address
· Expected Expenses (broken down as registration, travel, and lodging)and a short justification of them
· Current position. For student, we request to specify: the type of student (PhD, MS, undergraduate, etc.); the number of years that the applicant have been a student in the current program and the expected date of completion; and the name and email address of the advisor.
· Title and Authors of paper presenting at WTTM 2013 workshop (if any)
· A short paragraph (maximum 150 words) describing briefly the motivation to attend WTTM 2013 (e.g., to present a paper). (Ascii/text attachment is ok also for this paragraph.)

Deadlines and Dates:
Application due September 1, 2013.
Awards decision will be made around September 3, 2013.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://listserv.acm.org/scripts/wa-ACMLPX.exe?SUBED1=PODC&A=1