PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Christoph Lenzen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christoph Lenzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2020 19:33:25 +0200
Dear Distributed Computing Community,

as has been discussed at the PODC business meeting and on Zulip, a task
force has been formed to propose options for (i) changing the PODC/DISC
deadline schedule and/or (ii) moving to a publication model based on
journal-style reviewing.

We have prepared a document outlining our proposals and the underlying
rationales, alongside a discussion of their (perceived) merits:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mloyE9YBQw_iVnK2shpAQTvIYT-tXqvq/view?usp=sharing

We now would like to ask you for your input. Please do so by filling out
this survey after reading the above document:
https://forms.gle/h6g4fM65gLj7XDRw8

We expect that carefully reading the document and responding to the
survey takes 60-90 minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience, but hope
that you agree that these questions are sufficiently important to
warrant this effort.

The *deadline *for responses is *Tuesday, October 22, 2020, at 23:59,
AoE *(i.e., one week from now).
*
*Stefan Schmid has agreed to summarize and discuss the results in the
next edition of the EATCS Bulletin. We encourage a community discussion
based on this article and the (published) survey results, for which a
chat platform will be avaiable; details will follow in due time.
This discussion should lead up to a community meeting at DISC (Oct 12 -
16), where informed decisions can be made.

Please feel free to approach us with any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Christian Cachin
Faith Ellen
Yuval Emek