PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2019 16:33:46 +0100
Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Christoph Lenzen <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Distributed Computing Community,

I'd like to follow up on the topic of possibly moving to multiple
submission deadlines per year, which was briefly mentioned at the DISC
business meeting. This would address the issue that PODC and DISC
deadlines are fairly close to each other, leaving a very large gap
between DISC and PODC without good choices for DC submissions. In
addition, this would provide more flexibility regarding when to hold the
conferences. In particular, we could consider colocating DC conferences
with the goal of reducing overall travel and, by extension, ecological
footprint of our activities.

I suggest to first gather an impression of the range of opinions. I'll
then try to summarize and, depending on the outcome, seek to moderate
some discussion via this mailing list. This is meant to inform
considerations of the DISC (and possibly PODC) steering committees; this
mailing list is certainly not the right medium to come to any decisions.

To this effect, please take a few minutes to respond to a handful of
questions:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOmbqTTfQfUYEXADCLLqat-OAl7XUh8gFceg27uDfpr_NaaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you and best regards,
Christoph