PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2021 09:26:39 +0300
*** Apologies for multiple messages ***

The 8th Workshop on Biological Distributed Algorithms (BDA 2021)
July 29-30, 2021. Virtual event, in conjunction with PODC 2021
https://www.navlakhalab.net/BDA/2021/

We are excited to announce the 8th workshop on Biological Distributed
Algorithms (BDA). The aim of the workshop is to foster collaborative
research between biologists and distributed computing theory
researchers. Such research can lead to a better understanding of the
behavior of the biological systems, while at the same time developing
novel algorithms that can be used to solve basic distributed computing
problems. We invite presentations related to any biological system.

The workshop will be virtual, spanning the following two time slots:
Thursday, Jul 29, 19:00-21:00 CEST
Friday, Jul 30, 17:00-21:00 CEST

===========
SUBMISSIONS
===========
We solicit submissions of extended abstracts describing recent results
relevant to biological distributed computing. We especially welcome
extended abstracts describing new insights and / or case studies
regarding the relationship between distributed computing and
biological systems even if these are not fully formed. Since a major
goal of the workshop is to explore new directions and approaches, we
especially encourage the submission of ongoing work. Selected
contributors would be asked to present, discuss and defend their work
at the workshop.

Submissions should be in PDF and include title, author information,
and a 4-page extended abstract. Submission link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bda20210

Note: The workshop will not include published proceedings. In
particular, we welcome submissions of extended abstracts describing
work that has appeared or is expected to appear in other venues.

===============
IMPORTANT DATES
===============
** Notice that the dates have changed since the previous CFP **
May 15, 2021 – Extended abstract submission deadline
June 5, 2021 – Decision notifications
July 29-30, 2021 – Workshop

=========================
INVITED SPEAKERS
=========================
Dave Ackley - Univ. of New Mexico
George Bassel - Univ. of Warwick
Josh Bongard - Univ. of Vermont
Anne Condon - Univ. of British Columbia
Stephanie Forrest - Arizona State Univ.
Mike Levin - Tufts
Christos Papadimitriou - Columbia
Dana Randall - Georgia Tech

=================
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================
Ziv Bar-Joseph - CMU
Anna Dornhaus - University of Arizona
Yuval Emek - Technion (co-chair)
Ile Fiete - MIT
Amos Korman - CNRS and University of Paris Diderot
Nancy Lynch - MIT
Frederik Mallmann-Trenn - King's College London
Melanie Moses, University of New Mexico
Saket Navlakha - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (co-chair)
Calvin Newport - Georgetown
Merav Parter - Weizmann Institute of Science
Ted Pavlic - Arizona State University
Andrea Richa - Arizona State University

--
Yuval Emek, Ph.D.