The Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics at University of
Warsaw (MIM UW) invites applications for positions of an assistant
professor (“adiunkt” in Polish) in Computer Science, starting on 1st
MIM UW is one of the strongest computer science faculties in Europe. It is
known for talented students (e.g., two wins and 13 times in top ten at the
ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest) and strong research
teams, especially in theoretical aspects of computer science like
algorithms, logic and automata, cryptography (e.g., 8 ERC grants in these
fields, 4 of them running at the moment). For an overview of research areas
represented in the Faculty, see http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/en/dziedziny-badan
- PhD degree in computer science or mathematics
- Strong publication record in international computer science journals or
- Teaching experience
- Mobility record (participation in conferences, research visits, postdoc
In the current call, the position is offered in two variants:
1. standard "tenure-track" position, with teaching load of 210 hrs/year
2. a more "postdoc-like" position, for 2 or 4 years, with reduced teaching
load (120hrs/year) -- only for candidates at most 5 years after obtaining
Deadline for applications: 31st January 2019.
More details, including application procedure can be found under the
For more information about the procedure, requirements, conditions, etc.
please contact a vice-director of Institute of Informatics, Lukasz Kowalik (
[log in to unmask]).