PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:34:52 +0200
*** Apologies for multiple messages ***

The 3rd Workshop on Biological Distributed Algorithms (BDA 2015)
August 18-19, 2015 in Boston, MA USA
http://www.snl.salk.edu/~navlakha/BDA2015/

We are excited to announce the third workshop on Biological
Distributed Algorithms (BDA). BDA is focused on the relationships
between distributed computing and distributed biological systems and
in particular, on analysis and case studies that combine the two. Such
research can lead to better understanding of the behavior of the
biological systems while at the same time developing novel
computational algorithms that can be used to solve distributed
computing problems.

BDA 2015 will include presentations on distributed algorithms related
to a variety of biological systems, with special attention to
communication and coordination in insect colonies (e.g. foraging,
navigation, task allocation, construction) and networks in the brain
(e.g. learning, decision-making, attention).

===========
SUBMISSIONS
===========
We solicit submissions of extended abstracts describing recent results
relevant to biological distributed computing. We especially welcome
extended abstracts describing new insights and / or case studies
regarding the relationship between distributed computing and
biological systems even if these are not fully formed. Since a major
goal of the workshop is to explore new directions and approaches, we
especially encourage the submission of ongoing work. Selected
contributors would be asked to present, discuss and defend their work
at the workshop. Submissions should be in PDF and include title,
author information, and a 4-page extended abstract.

Please use the following EasyChair submission link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bda20150

Note: The workshop will not include published proceedings. In
particular, we welcome submissions of papers describing work that has
appeared or is expected to appear in other venues.

===============
IMPORTANT DATES
===============
May 15, 2015 – Extended abstract submission deadline
June 15, 2015 – Decision notifications
August 18-19, 2015 – Workshop

================
INVITED SPEAKERS [PRELIMINARY; MORE TO COME!]
================
Yehuda Afek - Tel Aviv University
Ziv Bar-Joseph - CMU
Nir Shavit - MIT
Les Valiant - Harvard

=================
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================
Ziv Bar-Joseph - CMU
Anna Dornhaus - University of Arizona
Yuval Emek - Technion (co-chair)
Amos Korman - CNRS and University of Paris Diderot
Nancy Lynch - MIT
Saket Navlakha - Salk Institute (co-chair)

--
Yuval Emek, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]