PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Emanuele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:21:34 +0200
Dear all,

We are looking for a motivated student interested in pursuing a PhD on
leveraging algorithmic techniques to improve the efficiency of
artificial neural networks. Possible themes include (but are not limited
to): training algorithms for neural networks on distributed models,
compressing the network via pruning and weight-sharing strategies,
designing transfer-learning algorithms which combine and adapt
pre-trained models to new tasks, and investigating theoretical
principles behind neural network generalization.

The ideal candidate has a solid background in algorithmic areas of
theoretical computer science (e.g. parallel and distributed computing)
and a strong motivation to become an expert on aspects of artificial
neural networks.

The position is at INRIA Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée, located near
Nice, France, in the beautiful area of the Côte d'Azur. The candidate
will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the IRIF Laboratory
in Paris, and visit it regularly.

The position is available until filled. The starting date is around
October 2020. To apply, the candidate should send me an email with
his/her CV, motivation letter and reference letters.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information and
feel free to distribute this email to students who may be interested.

Best wishes,
Emanuele Natale