PhD, Postdoc positions at ETH Zürich in Networking
I (https://people.inf.ethz.ch/asingla/) am looking for 2-3 students.
My group works broadly in the area of computer networks, but a sample of topics we are pursuing is below:
- Low-latency networking using satellite networks
- The co-design of machine learning approaches and networked infrastructure
- Design and analysis of routing and congestion control protocols
- Data center network design
- For more, please refer to our recent work: https://ndal.ethz.ch/papers.html
- Over CHF 70’000 / year [Approx. Euro 61,000 or USD 71,000 as of this writing.]
- For precise numbers, see “Rate 5” in the ETH salary scale here: https://www.ethz.ch/en/the-eth-zurich/working-teaching-and-research/welcome-center/employment-contract-and-salary/salary.html
Various combinations of the following attributes would be suitable:
- Interest and ability for systems design and implementation
- Capability for theoretical abstraction and analysis
- Desire for a mix of independent and collaborative work
- The ability to quickly read, absorb, appreciate, and criticize research papers
Applications and process:
- A CV, sent directly to me ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) is enough for a first screening.
- More materials and letters may later be requested, leading to remote-video and on-site interviews.
Thanks and best,