PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Ankit Singla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ankit Singla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2018 08:12:15 +0000

PhD, Postdoc positions at ETH Zürich in Networking

I (https://people.inf.ethz.ch/asingla/) am looking for 2-3 students.

My group works broadly in the area of computer networks, but a sample of topics we are pursuing is below:

- Low-latency networking using satellite networks

- The co-design of machine learning approaches and networked infrastructure

- Design and analysis of routing and congestion control protocols

- Data center network design

- For more, please refer to our recent work: https://ndal.ethz.ch/papers.html

Salary:

- Over CHF 70’000 / year [Approx. Euro 61,000 or USD 71,000 as of this writing.]

- For precise numbers, see “Rate 5” in the ETH salary scale here: https://www.ethz.ch/en/the-eth-zurich/working-teaching-and-research/welcome-center/employment-contract-and-salary/salary.html

Various combinations of the following attributes would be suitable:

- Interest and ability for systems design and implementation

- Capability for theoretical abstraction and analysis

- Desire for a mix of independent and collaborative work

- The ability to quickly read, absorb, appreciate, and criticize research papers

Applications and process:

- A CV, sent directly to me ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) is enough for a first screening.

- More materials and letters may later be requested, leading to remote-video and on-site interviews.

Thanks and best,

Ankit Singla

https://people.inf.ethz.ch/asingla/