SEWORLD Archives

SEWORLD

SEWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Subject: Postdoctoral researcher with a specific focus on SE/PL for AI, ML and Data Science.
From: SEWORLD Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Nov 2020 04:40:28 -0000

The Department of Computer Science in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University (ISU) seeks outstanding applicants for a Postdoctoral Researcher. This position is expected to be filled as early as January 2021. The candidate will be responsible for conducting research in broadly defined areas of programming languages (PL) and software engineering (SE) with a specific focus on SE/PL for AI, ML and Data Science.

The department is leading a National Science Foundation HDR:TRIPODS Phase I initiative on dependable data driven discovery (D4). The goal of this TRIPODS project is to advance foundational research on ensuring that data-driven discoveries are trustworthy and of high quality. The successful candidate is being sought in part to contribute to this project.

The successful candidates will be responsible for developing and sustaining a strong research program; developing collaborative and interdisciplinary research; publishing in top venues; mentoring outstanding graduate students; and enhancing ISU through professional and institutional service. We are interested in exceptional candidates that can directly contribute to the D4 initiative. Preference will be given to candidates working on SE/PL for AI, ML and Data Science.

Opportunities to contribute to undergraduate and graduate education are also available.

You can contact me for more details. Additional details, including application instructions, are available here: https://www.cs.iastate.edu/open-positions

p.s.: We are also looking for PhD students in this area.

Best wishes,
Hridesh

Dr. Hridesh Rajan
Professor and Department Chair
Department of Computer Science
Iowa State University of Science and Technology
https://www.cs.iastate.edu/people/hridesh-rajan

To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

http://sigsoft.org/resources/seworld.html provides more
information on SEWORLD as well as links to a complete
archive of messages posted to the list.