SEWORLD Archives

SEWORLD

SEWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Subject: One postdoc position in software analytics shared position with industry and academia
From: SEWORLD Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Oct 2016 05:09:42 -0000

One postdoc position in the CodeFeedr project
Software Improvement Group (www.sig.eu) and Technical University Delft (
www.tudelft.nl)

Location
Amstelplein 1, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Scientific fields
Software engineering, software analytics

Hours
38.0 hours per week

Salary
€ 3100 - € 3900

Education
Doctorate (PhD)

Job number
AT PostDoc CodeFeedr

Short link
http://www.academictransfer.com/36400

Job description
Modern software projects are more than just the code that comprises them:
teams follow development processes, the code runs on servers or mobile
phones and produces runtime logs, and users talk about the software in
forums like StackOverflow and Twitter and rate it on app stores. Insights
stemming from the real-time analysis of combined software engineering and
runtime data can help developers, project managers and DevOps teams to make
informed decisions faster.

With the CodeFeedr project, we aim to make software analytics a core
feedback loop for software engineering projects. Our platform will
integrate data from both development time and run time data sources and
present them in a uniform fashion as streams; a query/stream processing
language will allow the arbitrary combination of streams to produce new
streams, and a novel data summarization framework will enable high-level
reports to be composed by end users.

The project is run in co-operation with the Delft University of Technology
(TU Delft). The hired PostDoc will work within a strong engineering team to
develop novel architectures for ingesting, processing, and summarizing TBs
of real-time software data.

Requirements
We are looking for a candidate who can meet the following requirements:

- Has (or will obtain before the starting date) a PhD Degree in Computer
Science, Software Engineering or a closely related field
- Has strong software development skills as demonstrated through
participation in OSS or industrial projects (exceptional student or
research projects will also be considered)
- Has good publication track record in fields such as programming languages
and software engineering
- Is a team player; working experience with academic and industrial
partners is a plus
- Enjoys research and is self-motivated
- Has good communication skills in English
- Is able to articulate the subject matter to relevant stakeholders
- European work permit
- Demonstrable ability in building systems is a big plus
- Has practical or research experience in any of the following subjects
(big plus): functional programming, streaming systems, big data management
systems, machine learning.

Conditions of employment
The Software Improvement Group offers a discount for health insurance, a
year-end bonus of maximum 2 months salary, € 50,00 a month net, travel
expenses compensation based on 2nd class public transportation. 25
Holidays, 8% holiday allowance. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
Contract type, 3 years.

Employer
Software Improvement Group
We have close university relations, in this case with the TU Delft. The
education level at SIG is high. 85% of our employees have university
degrees and +/- 30% have a PhD. However knowledge alone is not enough at
SIG. The conversion of this knowledge into understandable and tangible
solutions for our customers is what it’s all about. Software usage has
increased exponentially. It has become the lifeblood of our society. Our
modern lives depend on it. However, software quality has not always kept
pace and sometimes it threatens to become uncontrollable and stop
organizations from achieving their goals and people living modern lives. We
believe that software can be better and we are working to improve it
worldwide.

With SIG you have room to move. Founded in 2000, SIG is a young and growing
company with prominent customers. We look beyond national boundaries: we
work with an international mix of people (110 FTE) and have offices in 6
countries. We enter into partnerships and exchanges in education, research
and innovation.

This program is run together with the Delft University of Technology Delft
University of Technology (the TU Delft) is a multifaceted institution
offering education and carrying out research in the technical sciences at
an internationally recognised level. Education, research and design are
strongly oriented towards applicability. The TU Delft develops technologies
for future generations, focusing on sustainability, safety and economic
vitality. At the TU Delft you will work in an environment where technical
sciences and society converge. The TU Delft comprises eight faculties,
unique laboratories, research institutes and schools.

Department
Software Technology (ST)
The Department of Software Technology (ST) is one of the leading Dutch
departments in research and academic education in computer science,
employing over 150 people. The ST Department is responsible for a large
part of the curriculum of the bachelor’s and master’s programmes in
Computer Science as well as the master’s programme in Embedded Systems. The
inspiration for its research topics is largely derived from technical ICT
problems in industry and society related to large-scale distributed
processing, embedded systems, programming productivity, and Web-based
information analysis.

Additional information
For more information about this position, please contact Jacqueline de
Werker, [log in to unmask] The application should consist of the following parts:

- an explanation of your interest in the proposed research field;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- copies of diplomas and other relevant certificates;
- a complete list of courses attended and corresponding grades;
- names and contact details of two references;
- proof of language skills (if applicable); additional information that
supports your application (e.g. publications, links to online accounts,
etc.).

To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

http://sigsoft.org/resources/seworld.html provides more
information on SEWORLD as well as links to a complete
archive of messages posted to the list.