SEWORLD Archives

SEWORLD

SEWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Subject: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Software Engineering, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
From: SEWORLD Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Oct 2016 06:22:29 -0000

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Software Engineering, Sheffield Hallam University, UK

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AUV322/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-software-engineering

The Department of Computing at Sheffield Hallam University is seeking to recruit a talented individual who can contribute to teaching and research within the department. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching of students in software engineering. Candidates with strengths in software development, programming or software engineering for games development are particularly welcome.

The department has over 70 academic staff. Software Engineering is taught as a stand-lone subject at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and contributes to many other areas across the department. Research groups span Software Engineering, Security, Gaming, Data Intelligence, Smart Interactive Technologies, Technology Enhanced Learning, People and Technology and Conceptual Structures. In addition to being able to contribute to the Software Engineering Group we encourage applicants who can contribute to any of the other groups.

Located at the heart of one of the UKs most vibrant cities Sheffield Hallam is one of the largest, most innovative Universities in the UK. It has more than 33,000 students, 4,500 staff and a turnover of 257 million. Working closely with both business and communities, we are a catalyst for economic and social transformation, providing a cutting edge learning experience for our students combined with research which has real world impact.

Ranked as the best modern university in the north of England according to the 2015 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, we pride ourselves on making a difference - to our students, our staff and to the businesses we work with. Our research and business ideas, alongside our sought after graduates, contribute to the economic and social development of both our region and to the UK as a whole. Our industry partners choose Sheffield Hallam because of our flexible, business led approach and our high quality research, facilities and students. Our partners include Sony, BP, NHS, Network Rail, Cisco, SAP and Microsoft. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and we have invested heavily in new technology to ensure that our technological capability matches the cutting-edge approach of our teaching.

Further information about the department and the application process is given in the link above. The closing date for the post is 13th November 2016. Informal enquiries should be made to Prof. Tony Clark, HoD, Computing, [log in to unmask]

To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

http://sigsoft.org/resources/seworld.html provides more
information on SEWORLD as well as links to a complete
archive of messages posted to the list.