SEWORLD Archives

SEWORLD

SEWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Subject: Faculty Positions in the Department of Computer Science at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan
From: SEWORLD Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:33:43 -0000

The Department of Computer Science (CS) at the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE), Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions at the ranks of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor.

The CS Department has 17 PhD-holding full-time faculty members who teach and direct research in vibrant BS, MS and PhD degree programs. Based on the high quality of our students, our cutting-edge research, societal impact and a record of obtaining nationally as well as internationally competitive grants, we are recognized among the top CS programs in Pakistan and in the region. Information about LUMS current faculty, research, and educational programs in Computer Science is available at https://sbasse.lums.edu.pk/department/computer-science.

The CS Department has multiple tenure-track positions in all areas of computer science. We seek exceptional candidates who can think and work across boundaries. The candidates are expected to manage, direct and lead the scientific research in the CS department by setting up independent research groups. They are expected to acquire independent research funding from national and international agencies, and from industry. They are expected to contribute to curriculum development in our BS, MS, and PhD programs.

Applicants must possess a PhD degree in a relevant field, a strong track record in research demonstrated by independent scientific publications in peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals, a desire or demonstrated record of obtain research funding in today's highly competitive environment, and a commitment to creative and effective undergraduate and graduate teaching. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and position, and successful candidates will be provided with start-up research funding and lab space. LUMS is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent work environment for professional growth

To apply, please send your complete application, which includes the following documents in a single PDF file at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Cover Letter
* Curriculum Vitae
* Research Statement
* Teaching Statement
* List of at least Three Referees

The application deadline is September 30, 2021 for an anticipated start date of January 1, 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Application review will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Questions about the search and/or application status should be emailed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For further details, please see https://hr.lums.edu.pk/job/assistant-associate-and-full-professor-department-computer-science.

To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

http://sigsoft.org/resources/seworld.html provides more
information on SEWORLD as well as links to a complete
archive of messages posted to the list.