SEWORLD Archives

SEWORLD

SEWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Subject: Research Assistant/Associate in PL/VMs
From: SEWORLD Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 May 2021 04:33:50 -0000

The soft-dev team at King's has an open position for a Research Assistant or
Associate: apply on or before June 13th.

This position requires a mix of research and engineering to understand how
Virtual Machines (VMs; e.g. PyPy, V8) can be adapted to run effectively
under a hardware capability system such as CHERI. The successful candidate
will have a deep interest in programming and programming languages, but
there is no expectation that the successful applicant will have previous
experience with VMs: they will join a friendly team with existing VM skills
to learn from and share with.

We welcome people with different backgrounds/routes into research: there's
no need to fit a standard profile. We are also comfortable, and experienced,
with long-term largely-remote work within the UK.

More details can be found here:

  https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/023308/Research-Associate

You are welcome to email me with any informal queries you may have.

Laurie
--
Personal                                             http://tratt.net/laurie/
Software Development Team                                http://soft-dev.org/

To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

http://sigsoft.org/resources/seworld.html provides more
information on SEWORLD as well as links to a complete
archive of messages posted to the list.