SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM Archives

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Amanda Holland-Minkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2023 13:25:24 +0000
The Committee on Computing Education in Liberal Arts Colleges is starting planning for our SIGCSE 2024 Affiliated Event and developing topics of focus. One topic of possible interest is how liberal arts programs, particularly small programs with more limited resources, develop and carry out assessment plans.

Does your program have a program-level assessment process that you're particularly happy with? Are you working on improving your assessment process and interested in sharing what has been working well and where you face challenges? We'd like to identify a few participants for a panel discussion at our affiliated event, which would be held as usual the Wednesday before the Technical Symposium begins (March 20th, 2024 in Portland, Oregon).

If you would be interested in participating, let me know and I can share more details and answer questions.

The Committee will also, as usual, send out a solicitation for participants who want to present innovations in curricula or course development in the Fall. In the meantime, we also welcome thoughts that any of you may have of other good topics of focus for the event; they can be sent my way as well.

On behalf of the Committee,
Amanda

Dr. Amanda M. Holland-Minkley
Professor and Chair, Computing and Information Studies
Washington and Jefferson College