SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM Archives

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

"Henry M. Walker" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Aug 2016 19:38:12 -0500
I'd be happy to help with curricular structures topic for a BoF.

Henry

Henry M. Walker
Samuel R. and Marie-Louise Rosenthal Professor
    of Natural Science and Mathematics
Professor of Computer Science
Noyce Science Center
1116 8th Avenue
Grinnell College
Grinnell, IA  50112-1690
United States of America
+1 641-269-4208
Fax:  +1 641-269-4984
http://www.cs.grinnell.edu/~walker/

On 8/28/16 1:29 PM, Angela Berardinelli wrote:
> I too am interested in a BoF about "communicating about CS to liberal
> arts colleagues."
>
> However, I am also interested in hearing/talking more about the fourth
> option from Amanda's list - curricular structures.  I am especially
> interested in (1) balancing the traditional needs of liberal arts with
> the "new" needs of computing curricula, and (2) hearing about approaches
> to curriculum design from other schools that offer a computing degree
> that is not a Computer Science degree, and how those designs differ from
> a CS curriculum (with which I am more familiar).
>
> I'm happy to write a first draft of a BoF proposal, assuming others are
> also interested in having such a discussion.
>
> Angela

> Angela Berardinelli, PhD
> Department of Mathematics and Information Technology
> Mercyhurst University

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM&A=1