SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM Archives

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Dave Toth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Toth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 07:28:24 -0400
At my school (Centre College), non-lab courses from all disciplines are 3
credits (3 lecture hours).  CS 1 and Data Structures are 4 credits (3
lecture hours + 2 lab hours and the rest of our courses are 3 credits (3
lecture hours).  As we're reviewing our own program and trying to realign
it with the current ACM recommendations, we're debating combining content
from different courses to form a couple more 4 credit courses so we can get
a couple more things covered while not requiring additional courses.  Do
you need/want to get a sense of credits & contact hours in the survey with
an eye towards being able to compare programs on more even terms?  That
would possibly give everybody a better comparison, but it would also make
for a slightly more complicated survey.

Dave Toth
Centre College

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]