SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM Archives

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Douglas Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Douglas Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2019 17:09:09 -0400
Hello, members of the SIGCSE Committee on Computing Education in the
Liberal Arts. Things have been quiet on this mailing list since we
published our "final" report, but the committee leadership has been working
with the SIGCSE board to realize the recommendation that there be a
permanent interest group for liberal arts computing educators.

As a first step towards that permanent group, we have been approved to
offer a pre-symposium meeting/workshop before SIGCSE 2020. This will be a
half-day event, on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 11, 2020. There will
be a full call for participation with more information in the next few
weeks, but for now we wanted to give you a "heads up" about what's
happening.

Doug Baldwin
Grant Braught
Janet Davis