SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM Archives

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM

SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:43:08 +0000
Subject:
Sender:
SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Amanda Holland-Minkley <[log in to unmask]>
With submissions open for SIGCSE TS 2022, the Committee on Computing Education in the Liberal Arts wanted to let you know about some of our preliminary plans for next year's Technical Symposium.

First, as in the past two years, the Committee intends to propose an affiliated event. We plan to provide options for both in-person and virtual participation, and as in previous years will be soliciting presentation proposals. We're currently in the process of determining topics and structures, so your input is welcome.

The Committee is also considering other ways to engage with our community at the Technical Symposium. This might include one or more BoFs that would let us gather and attract new members or using Slack to coordinate meals or meetups at the conference.

Finally, members of the organizing committee for last year's affiliated event are working on a paper submission for the Technical Symposium based on the collection of innovative curricular models that we have collected over the past two years. This group is analyzing these curricula for common themes and identifying the unique contributions that liberal arts curricula make to the overall computing education landscape.

If you have ideas for activities at the Technical Symposium or are interested in helping out with planning the affiliated event, let us know by replying to this email! You can also connect with us through Slack (https://join.slack.com/t/sigcse-libarts-comm/shared_invite/zt-sxnxfuau-H1~BNOmjSgubwjjDEQZ2TQ) or access our repository of resources from previous events at our Committee site (https://computing-in-the-liberal-arts.github.io/computing-in-the-liberal-arts/).

On behalf of the Committee,
Amanda

Dr. Amanda M. Holland-Minkley
Professor and Chair, Computing and Information Studies
Washington and Jefferson College