Thu, 20 Dec 2018 22:23:29 -0800
Just six weeks left for the submission deadline for W4A 2019.
Until January 27th 2019 we are accepting submissions as follows:
- Technical Papers: 10-page or
- Communication papers: 4-pages
Each detailing engineering solutions and scientific insights into Web and Mobile technologies addressing diverse user needs.
- Web Accessibility Challenge: Submit 2-page extended abstracts (http://www.w4a.info/2019/submissions/web-accessibility-challenge/)
- Doctoral Consortium: Submit 2-page extended abstracts for consideration for inclusion in the Doctoral Consortium (http://www.w4a.info/2019/submissions/google-doctoral-consortium/).
- Every accepted paper will also be elligible to participate in the W4A poster competition.
The 16th International Web for All Conference (W4A’19), takes place on May 13-16th 2019, in San Francisco, USA, (http://www.w4a.info), the premier venue for web accessibility research. W4A is co-located with the 27th Web Conference, WWW’19 (https://www2019.thewebconf.org/).
We are honoured to have keynote speaker Jutta Treviranus, Director of the Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) & Professor in the Faculty of Design at OCAD University, Toronto. You can read more about her on the W4A 2019 website http://www.w4a.info/2019/keynotes/.
This year’s special theme is "Personalization – Personalizing the Web". Personalization pervades all aspects of technology from home appliances to mobile phones, from shopping experiences to education. AI affords the potential for improved personalization to each individual's contextualized abilities. The Web of Things means that we now have the web on all kinds of devices (including wearables) - that will require better and seamless personalization for all.
But as in every year, don’t be deterred by the theme; all topics related to web accessibility are welcome as are papers dealing with wider aspects of digital accessibility and universal access.
We are also happy to announce that this year’s W4A Hackathon will be jointly organized with the Diagram Center (http://diagramcenter.org) after the main conference.
Submissions: January 27
Rebuttals: February 18–22
Final Decisions: March 1
Camera ready: March 15
Conference: May 13-14
Hackathon: May 15-16
You can unsubscribe for this list at any time through this link: