SIGMETRICS-MEMBERS Archives

ACM SIGMETRICS-MEMBERS List

SIGMETRICS-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Giuliano Casale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Giuliano Casale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2021 18:39:29 +0100
Dear SIGMETRICS members,

As an organization, we are committed to creating an environment that
welcomes new ideas and perspectives, and where hostility or other harmful
behaviors are not tolerated. We stand with and honor those who promote
diversity and inclusivity. In addition to being the right thing to do, we
believe this is important for the advancement of science.

We appreciate ACM’s reconfirmation of these commitments in response to the
recent controversy surrounding Turing Award winner Jeffrey Ullman,
contained in the below statement on the ACM website:

https://www.acm.org/response-to-letter

We confirm our intention to adopt the ACM policies in our SIG award
selection process to the extent that they are not already present. In
addition, to emphasize our commitment to diversity and inclusivity in all
our activities, we will ask nominators and endorsers for personal
achievement awards to comment on how the nominee(s) exemplifies these core
values.

Finally, we would like to express our support for Iranian and Native
American students and scholars, as well as all other ethnicities and
nationalities. You are welcomed and valued members of our global community.

Thank you,
SIGMETRICS Executive Committee

Co-signed by the Executive Committees of SIGACCESS, SIGACT, SIGAI, SIGARCH,
SIGBio, SIGCOMM, SIGecom, SIGENERGY, SIGGRAPH, SIGIR, SIGMETRICS, SIGMICRO,
SIGMOBILE, SIGUCCS.

You can unsubscribe for this list at any time through this link: