The ACM SIGMETRICS Rising Star Research Award is given annually to
recognize a rising star in our community who demonstrates outstanding
potential for research in the field of computer and communication
performance. The selection is based on the impact of the candidate's
work in the field in creating promising new ideas, paradigms, and
tools related to the performance analysis of computer and
communication systems, which may be analytical or empirical in nature.
Depth and impact are valued over breadth of contribution for this
award. The recipient of the ACM SIGMETRICS Rising Star Research award
is selected by a committee consisting of five individuals appointed by
the SIGMETRICS Executive Committee. The award includes a plaque and a
$1000 honorarium or expenses for travel to attend the conference where
the award is presented.
Please submit all nominations via email by Friday April 8, 2020 to the
committee chair, Jinwoo Shin, at jinwoos (at) kaist.ac.kr. Please use
“SIGMETRICS Rising Star nomination” as the subject header. The
nominator must collect all materials and send them in a single e-mail.
Nominations for the award must include:
- Summary of the candidate's research accomplishments (1 page, 11pt font).
- Description of the significance of the candidate’s work and
justification for the nomination (2 pages, 11pt font).
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee, including list of publications.
- Three endorsement letters from researchers in the field supporting
the nomination. Nominator may write one of these three endorsement
- Copies of up to three of the candidate’s most significant papers.
- A concise statement (one sentence) of the achievement(s) for which
the award is being sought.
Rules for Nomination:
- At least one of the three endorsers must be an ACM SIGMETRICS member.
- The nominee must be within 7 years of having attained their PhD.
- The nominee cannot be any of the following: nominator, member of the
ACM SIGMETRICS Executive Committee, or a member of the Rising Star
Research Award Committee.
Nominations that do not result in an award can be resubmitted in
Questions should be sent to the committee chair.
You can unsubscribe for this list at any time through this link: