SIGMETRICS-MEMBERS Archives

ACM SIGMETRICS-MEMBERS List

SIGMETRICS-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Timothy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timothy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:47:36 +0000
FYI:

Hi everyone,

SIG III is running a silent auction at this year's Annual Meeting to fundraise in support of SIG initiatives. All proceeds from the auction will go towards purchasing ASIS&T memberships for researchers and practitioners in developing countries.

This is a yearly event and has a huge impact on our community but to make it happen, we need your help!

We are looking for donations of small, portable, items such as:

  *   local crafts from around the world
  *   sealed edible treats (airplane-friendly)
  *   souvenirs from the city the Annual Meeting is in (Vancouver, BC)
  *   portable gifts such as stationary or jewelry
  *   bottles of wine or liquor from around the world
  *   gift certificates

Please reply to this email if you would like to contribute one or more items.

All donations can be dropped off at the Annual Meeting before 5pm on November 12th (the auction begins at 8pm that day). Alternately we can arrange a pickup with you during the Annual Meeting, before the auction.

Thank you.

Hassan Zamir, PhD
SIGIII Chair
Lecturer, iSchool