*** LAST CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ***
27th ACM International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation
and Personalization (ACM UMAP 2019)
Golden Bay Beach Hotel 5*, Larnaca, Cyprus, June 9-12, 2019
Proposals due: December 14, 2018
ACM UMAP 2019, the premier international conference for researchers and
practitioners working on systems that adapt to individual users or to groups
of users, and which collect, represent, and model user information, is
pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the
conference. The workshops provide a venue to discuss and explore emerging
areas of User Modelling and Adaptive Hypermedia research with a group of
like-minded researchers and practitioners from industry and academia.
In this edition, our goal is to have a balanced workshop program comprising
different workshop formats and combining emerging and established
research topics. Different full-day and half-day workshop schemas are
possible, such as:
· Working group meetings around a specific problem or topic;
participants may be asked to submit a white paper or position statement.
· Mini-conferences on specialized topics, having their own paper
submission and review processes.
· Mini-competitions or challenges around selected topics with
individual or team participation.
· Interactive discussion meetings focusing on subtopics of the UMAP
general research topics.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in PDF format to both workshop
chairs, not exceeding 5 pages and organized as follows:
· Workshop title and acronym.
· Workshop chair(s), including affiliation, email address, homepage,
and experiences in organizing such events.
· Abstract (up to 300 words) and topics of interest.
· Motivation on why the workshop is of particular interest at this time.
· Workshop format, discussing the mix of events such as paper
presentations, invited talks, panels, and general discussions.
· Intended audience and expected number of participants.
· List of (potential) members of the program committee (at least 50%
have to be confirmed at the time of the proposal).
· Requested duration (half day or full day).
· When available, past editions of the workshop, including URLs, a brief
statement on the development of the workshop series, e.g., in terms of
topics, number of paper submissions and participants, post-workshop
publications over the years and acceptance statistics.
We encourage both researchers and industry practitioners to submit
Researchers interested in submitting a workshop proposal are invited to
contact us in advance, so we can help to design successful proposals. In
particular, for workshop proposals with novel interactive formats, we are
happy to assist in further developing and implementing the ideas.
We strongly suggest to have organizers from different institutions, bringing
different perspectives to the workshop topic. We welcome workshops with a
creative structure that may attract various types of contributions and may
ensure rich interactions.
The organizers of accepted workshops will prepare a workshop web site
containing the call for papers and detailed information about the workshop
organization and timeline. They will be responsible for their own publicity
and reviewing processes.
There will be a conference adjunct proceedings published by ACM where all
the workshop papers will be published. Hence, the workshop organizers will
need to adhere to the adjunct proceedings publication timeline.
· Proposal submission: December 14, 2018
· Notification of proposal acceptance: January 9, 2019
· Send the workshop description & website URL : January 23, 2019
· (Suggested) 1st call for papers: January 28, 2019
· (Suggested) 2nd call for papers: February 20, 2019
· (Suggested) paper submission: March 13, 2019
· (Suggested) notification to authors: March 26, 2019
· Workshop summary camera-ready: April 3, 2019
· Workshop papers camera-ready: April 3, 2019
· Adjunct proceedings camera ready: April 15, 2019
· Milos Kravcík, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI), Germany (milos.kravcik AT dfki.de)
· Iván Cantador, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain (ivan.cantador AT uam.es)
You can unsubscribe for this list at any time through this link: