SIGSAM-MEMBERS Archives

ACM SIGSAM Member Announcement List

SIGSAM-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Ilias Kotsireas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilias Kotsireas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:42:08 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce, and call for abstracts, for a twin
workshop:  "Tools and Mathematics: Instruments for Learning" incorporating
MESIG2, the second annual meeting of the "Mathematical Educational
Software Interest Group".

Dates: Tuesday 29 November - Thursday 1 December 2016
Venue: Lecture theatre ELI 122, University of Newcastle Sydney Campus, 55 Elizabeth Street in the Sydney CBD
Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tools-and-mathematics-instruments-for-learning-tickets-27424446257
Abstract submission: https://carma.newcastle.edu.au/meetings/tools/abstractsystem/
Abstract submission deadline: Friday 21 October 2016

We hope that these twin workshops, both instigated by the late Professor
Jonathan Borwein, will creatively bring together practitioners and
researchers with common interests in education in the mathematical
sciences, and in particular how our tool use influences our thinking.

The "Tools and Mathematics: Instruments for Learning" meeting celebrates
the publication of a book of the same name by Jonathan Borwein, John
Monaghan and Luc Trouche: http://www.springer.com/in/book/9783319023953.
Abstracts for the Tools and Mathematics part of the meeting should be in
the spirit of the book, in some capacity exploring the mathematical nexus
between research and education, tools and creativity, experimentation and
learning.  Abstracts for the MESIG part of the meeting should be driven by
examples of the practice of software use in mathematical education.

Further information on the book, abstract submission, and confirmed
invited speakers is available on the conference website:
https://carma.newcastle.edu.au/meetings/tools/

Please pass this call for abstracts on to colleagues in your networks who
may be interested.

Kind regards,
Judy-anne Osborn
and Naomi Borwein

You can unsubscribe for this list at any time through this link: