* Apologies for Cross-Posting
CALL FOR STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
International Conference on Networked Systems (NetSys 2017)
March 13 - 17, 2017, Goettingen, Germany
A limited number of student travel grants are available to attend
NetSys 2017. The applicant must be a student. We highly encourage
students in the beginning of their academic career. The grants are
sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM.
1. Students from under-represented groups or institutions.
2. Students who authored rejected NetSys papers.
3. Students of accepted PhD Forum submissions.
4. All other students.
Note that this is a rough prioritization.
What is covered
Support is intended to partially cover travel, registration for the
conference, and lodging (during the conference). The specific costs
will vary for each applicant and home region. Costs are not expected
to exceed $1275 per applicant.
Student travel grants have to be paid up front by the students and
will be reimbursed after the event as per the effective cost incurred.
Further details of the reimbursement process will be announced to
How to apply
An application for a student travel grant will consist of the
student's CV, a motivation letter from the student, and a letter of
recommendation from the student's advisor. Each part of the submission
exceed one page.
The letter from the student should include:
* a brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
* a description of areas reflected in the NetSys paper topics that
would impact the student's research;
* why the conference attendance is important to the student;
* an explicit identification of the applicant's current academic
status (Masters or Ph.D. student);
* whether the applicant is a full paper, demo, PhD Forum, or workshop
paper author, or a none author;
* if the applicant is an author, a confirmation that the student
herself/himself will give the presentation at NetSys; and an
indication of which of the co-author(s)/supervisor(s) will also attend
In addition, the student's advisor should write a letter of recommendation:
* the applicant's good standing in the institution;
* ways in which this particular student would benefit from attendance
at the NetSys conference;
* the strengths and potential contributions of the student; and
* an indication why student grant support is necessary for the
student to attend the conference, and indicating the extent to which
the advisor can supplement the student grant to enable the student to
attend the conference.
Please submit the application (CV, student letter, advisor letter) as
a single PDF document via easychair:
Submission of application: Jan 12, 2017
Notification of acceptance of student grant: Jann 29, 2017
In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact Matthias Waehlisch
([log in to unmask]), the NetSys Travel Grant Chair.
Pre-tenure Associate Professor
School of Computer Science