Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:55:45 -0800
From:
Keith Shillington <[log in to unmask]>
I want to weigh in on this discussion.

If we're arguing about syntax, it is tantamount to a religious discussion.  One can write good or bad software in any language.  The semantics of the language will have the greatest impact on how easy or hard this is to accomplish.  The syntax mostly impacts how pretty the program looks in the long run.  Given that the bulk of all software is actually viewed by an extremely small audience, and the result of the software will impact dramatically greater numbers of people; worrying about getting the semantics correct is the job of a professional programmer.

I am (obviously) a big Ada proponent.  Merely because it offers the most robust set of semantics of any of the languages available today.