Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:35:30 EDT
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>The following is a very unfortunate example of the acute lack of knowledge
>of individuals and consequently companies in the computer industry. I also
>have sent it in the hope that it might be of some use to others who suddenly
>find that they are no longer receiving e-mails from a list.
>
>This situation is sufficiently stupid to approach being laughable. If these
>companies do not even know what the ACM is, there is no hope that they would
>use software engineering technology including Ada.

I am not sure how knowing what ACM is affects anything.
_I_ certainly know what ACM is and I consider ACM.ORG
to be a major source of spam.  I have configured my mail
reader to put team-ada mail into one folder and everything
else from ACM into the spam folder.  I made the mistake of
once giving my email address to ACM and they continue to
deluge me with mail I don't want.  I have repeatedly asked
them not to send me mail, and they continue to do so.  If
that is not spam, I don't know what is.

Larry Kilgallen