Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:25:33 -0800
From: John Woodruff <[log in to unmask]>
At 04:31 PM 2/10/2005, you wrote:
>For my undergraduate research project, I am doing a comparison of
>CORBA and Ada's Distributed Systems Annex for distributed computing.
>I have been able to find plenty of information on CORBA from a C++ or
>Java perspective, but little about CORBA with Ada.

You can learn about a CORBA product at OIS.com.  (There are other products
also).

I can offer some info about one large application that uses Ada with
CORBA.  The Integrated Computer Control System of the National Ignition
Facility laser operates a very large physics experimental facility.  (I
worked on that system before I retired in 2002).  The facility is located
at Lawrence Livermore National Lab and some public information is available
at www.llnl.gov/nif/

Papers that describe that control system can be found at SigAda 2002 and at
the proceedings of the International Conference on Accelerator and Large
Experimental Physics Control Systems  (ICALEPCS) in 2001 and 2003.

The 2001 ICALEPCS had nearly a dozen papers on the NIF project, and several
other CORBA-based systems were reported there as well.   The Proceedings of
ICALEPCS 2001 are available at
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/econf/C011127/proceedings.html.

There are two NIF papers at the 2003 conference, at
http://icalepcs2003.postech.ac.kr/Proceedings/PAPERS/MO102.PDF
http://icalepcs2003.postech.ac.kr/Proceedings/PAPERS/MO201.PDF

Hope some of these will be useful

John