Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:35:50 +0000
>Perhaps ESA are still concerned that it was the Attitude Control System of
>Ariane 5 (written in Ada) that caused so much trouble in its first flight.

What I meant by this, is that it may be that ESA are more receptive to
subcontractors using other languages without any significant valid technical
reason since the failure of Ariane showed that Ada, if used improperly, can be
just as unreliable as many other languages (although obviously nowhere near as
unreliable as C :-)

John