From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:56:28 -0800
 I kinda hate to ask, but what tools and experiences do folks know
about for translating Ada programs (83 or 95) to C (or C++)?  I
welcome negative experiences as well as any that "worked OK."  I got
asked by a manager here about this, and I don't mind telling him that
there are no pro's and all con's, but I'll be fair if I get some "we
did it OK" reports too.

I know some of the Ada93 compilers essentially generated C as in
"intermediate language."  Are any of those still around, and if so,
how would anyone familiar with this code rate the quality of such C
code as an end product (for future product evolution of the C source)?

Replies just to me, please.  Thanks in advance for any and all
inputs.   -- Hal