"Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:05:46 -0500
From:
"James E. Hopper" <[log in to unmask]>
Given that all my companies guis for our image processing tools, radar
image prediction, and simulation are done in gtkada on both mac and
linux i find that an incredible position.  i don't know if key
shortcuts work or not as i rarely use them even on mac native apps.
even if they don't thats hardly a reason to say its unusable.  i have
done a number of guis on mac and our mac people have been fine with
them.

There are two issues i am not happy with but they are both true for
both mac and linux

1. the file open box always starts at where the app was started and
never remembers where it was the last time.
2. the mac has some very nice navigation extras in the file selection
dialog that gtk doesnt support on either platform.

when i get a bit of time i am going to write a drop in replacement for
gtk standard file to solve both of these.  but its not reached the top
of my list yet.

jim