Peter Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:11:52 +0200
On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 06:42:50PM -0400, Terri Wear wrote:
> ACL means Ada Community Library, a medium sized public library in Ada
> County, Idaho, USA.  Ada County was named after Ada Riggs, the first white
> child born in the area in the late 1800's.  Sorry it's not what you
> thought.  We've never heard of Ada as a programming language.  Its it used
> only in Germany or Europe?  Hope this clarifies everything for you.  Let

The Ada programming language has been mandated in 1983 to all
software projects in the Department of Defense of the
United States of America.
The same mandate holds in the NATO.
There exist hundreds of millions of lines of code in Ada
in several thousands of military and commercial
software projects around the globe.

For more information and for checking my statement, see

http://www.adahome.com

> us know if we can help you further.

thanks for your reply.

cc: team-ada

--
Peter Hermann Tel+49-711-685-3611 Fax3758 [log in to unmask]
Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen