From:
Patrick Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:07:51 -0600
> At 03:05 PM 11/25/00 -0600, F. Britt Snodgrass wrote:
>
> . . .
>
> >However there is a "Resources" sidebar that lists
> >http://www.adahome.com/ as the primary reference URL for Ada along with
> >several Ada vendor URLs.  It does not include URLs for either AdaPower
> >or AdaIC sites. As most of you know, AdaHome hasn't been updated in
> >almost two years (last update was Jan 3, 1999) and many of the links are
> >now broken.  While AdaHome still has some good materials, AdaIC and
> >AdaPower are much better sites to tell new Ada users about. Does anyone
> >know what happened to Magnus Kempe and why he has let AdaHome become so
> >stale?  If he isn't interested in maintaining the site could he be
> >convinced to have the AdaHome main page automatically redirect visitors
> >to either AdaIC, AdaPower, or the ACM SIGAda site?
>
> Yes, this is a real problem.  We did discuss this at a SIGAda E.C. meeting
> quite some time ago, but Magnus seems to have "disappeared" - he must be
> too busy making his fortune.  :)

Well, whatever he has gone, let me suggest not sending a check to be
included in the list of Ada consultants.  The check will clear the bank but
nothing else happens and no mail gets answered.
---
Patrick Rogers                       Consulting and Training in:
http://www.classwide.com        Real-Time/OO Languages
[log in to unmask]          Hard Deadline Schedulability Analysis
(281)648-3165                          Software Fault Tolerance