Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Brashear, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:14:32 -0500
Here are three, based on my experiences since the University of Dayton's
switch from Ada to C++ several years ago.

To take advantage of strong typing from the beginning
To avoid traps built into the languages (E.g., "=" vs "==", array overruns)
To take advantage of helpful error messages

Phil Brashear
[Still an Ada fanatic, even after leaving the Ada world]