From:
Bob Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 20:29:09 EDT
From:  Bob Sutton

Since this subject is veering into electronic instrumentation, my field, I'll
add some comment of possible relevance.

In 1994-95, after previous experience with Genesis on a robotics project, I
wrote a simplified, SCADA program used for instrumentation data display,
logging, and trending.  This was used on a multiyear, DOE funded research
project involving electrolytic, membrane separation process for pulp mill
application.  The instrumentation grouping and display, data trending, and
configuration and calibration facilities in this program, were particularly
strong, by intent.  The program was written in (Turbo) Pascal, and executed
on a MS-DOS 386, which did impose some limitations.

The program will be ported to Ada for further application and development,
later this year.

I make mention because of nearness to the developing, posted subject.

Bob Sutton
Western Material Control