Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:52:38 +0000
>The Rational Apex browser will "jump" to the definition of an item with a
>single click (same window or bring up another window), regardless of whether
>name is qualified or not.  Numerous Rational Apex users get "hooked" on the
>browser for this feature alone.

How much does it cost?

>There are still arguments one way or the other about use clauses with regard
>to "local readability", but the issue of locating the original definition is
>taken out of the argument.

True, but in my view names should always be fully qualified, or renames used.
Without spending money on tools like Apex, ideally it should be as easy as
possible to track down where things come from.

Clearly Apex (and other compilers) rely on a 'project' based approach with
sources being 'registered' to provide this functionality. Although GNAT has
started using project files which presumably allow this, it is still possible to
use GNAT without this project facility and, in these case, searching through the
source (with Emacs extensions :-) is the way to do it.

John