Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Pascal Obry <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:22:04 +0100
> De:   Jean-Pierre Rosen [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Date: jeudi 15 octobre 1998 13:21
> A:    [log in to unmask]
> Objet:        News from Parisian subway
>
> French president Jacques Chirac inaugurated today the new line of the
parisian
> subway. There had been no new subway line in Paris since 1935.
> This new driver-less metro utilizes the best technics available today.
> Software was formally specified (and proven) in B, and then fully coded in
> Ada.
>
> So if you have a chance to come to Paris, use line 14; you'll be riding on
> Ada, as you would in Cairo, Calcutta or Athens.
>                   J-P. Rosen ([log in to unmask])
>       Visit Adalog's web site at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/adalog

There is an article in 01informatique (a specilized french news paper) of
october
1998 (n?1516 - page 8) about the Meteor new subway...

It is very technical, speaking of many aspects of the project... but it does
not
mention Ada :-(

I have sent a letter to the editor to tell him that it was coded in Ada and
asking him
why Ada was not mentioned. I'am pretty sure that if Meteor was coded in Java,
Java
would have been mentioned many times...

Pascal.

--|------------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                               Team-Ada Member |
--|                                                           |
--| EDF-DER-IPN-SID- T T I                                    |
--|                       Intranet: http://cln46gb            |
--| Bureau N-023            e-mail: [log in to unmask]     |
--| 1 Av General de Gaulle  voice : +33-1-47.65.50.91         |
--| 92141 Clamart CEDEX     fax   : +33-1-47.65.50.07         |
--| FRANCE                                                    |
--|
--|   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry
--|
--|   "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"