From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:45:42 -0800
From: Bob Leif,
To: Wesley Groleau et al.
I deliberately mentioned Adobe SVG, which is ubiquitous. The present W3
standard is XHTML. A well designed site has links to download the software
it runs upon and can operate in a degraded mode for users with legacy
technology. My goal is NOT to reach all possible users, rather to reach
virtually all of the users who could have an effect on the usage of Ada.

I very strongly believe that the Ada community has a unique opportunity to
leverage the similarities of XML and Ada semantics into mainstreaming Ada.
In the case of the defense community, the best way to maintain and extend
the use of Ada is to demonstrate that Ada is the best choice for the
development of COTS. Parenthetically, the use of XML could be much more
effective in breaking the Microsoft monopoly than the US Justice Department.