From:
Corey Minyard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:54:23 -0600
I have just put a new version of AdaSL on SourceForge
(http://adasl.sf.net).  This add the following:

 * A reference counting pointer
 * A rework of the string tokenizer to make it more usable.
 * A calendar package

The biggie here is the calendar package.  It does pretty much anything
you want with a Gregorian calendar, including leap seconds.  If you do
fancy processing across timezones or back in time, this is the package
for you.  I'd appreciate any commentary on this, like ease of use,
understandability, etc.

Also, it generates a timezone file from the zone info files supplied
with glibc.  The trouble is that the full generated file is huge (8800
lines, about 1/2 meg).  It contains all the timezones you could possibly
imagine back to when timezones started.  There is a much smaller
simplified version that only contains the current timezone data (no
historical information).  I'm curious what people think I should do with
the huge file.  I could put the information in files and read it in on
demand, but then the system has to have files go along with it.  I could
break it up to continent chunks, but that doesn't seem to gain much and
complicates things.  Just curious if anyone has any ideas.

-Corey