Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:41:22 +0000
>Frank:
>
>I would not hold your breath. I am still waiting for Aonix to
>port ObjectAda to Linux. Since ObjetAda is already available for
>Solaris, the port to Linux would be easy.

But is there a *market* for it?

I've been involved in many Ada projects that have used Solaris as the host
development environment, so there is obviously a market there. Also Aonix has
been developing products on Solaris for a long time, this includes the ERC32
Sparc Cross-Development stuff they've produced with backing from the European
Space Agency however, as with ACT, I can't see them putting a lot of effort into
porting something across to Linux if they don't think they're going to easily
recoup the costs involved.

John